Sophie Hannah - A Writing Masterclass
A Masterclass with Sophie Hannah
Sophie is an internationally bestselling crime writer and course director of University of Cambridge's new Master's degree in Crime & Thriller Writing. In this workshop for writers and aspiring writing, Sophie will teach participants:
• how to massively increase your chances of success
• how to change incorrect, unhelpful and limiting beliefs
• how to avoid unnecessary suffering
• how to thrive in the face of the psychological and emotional challenges that life as a writer brings with it
• what to do when you feel scared, confused, overwhelmed or stuck — in order to feel better, make progress and solve whatever problem you’re facing
• how to retain full control over your writing dreams and journey, instead of giving your power away tothe first agent or editor who shows an interest in you
• how to make sure your dreams, and your definitions of success and failure, aren’t working against you
• how to be your own best and most powerful ally and advocate, throughout your writing life
• and how to use Sophie's amazing invention, the Literary Diagnostics method (which is very different from editing), to take your writing to the next level.
Sophie will also talk about her page turning latest thriller.
Tuesday 18th October, 4.00pm
Dorset County Museum, High West Street, DT1 1XA